Are you looking to make an impact in someone’s life, while working in a fast paced environment?
The Global Product Manager for Special Education sets the strategy and direction as well as manages the lifecycle of products in this segment. This includes products such as our PCS and Boardmaker product line.
What is the Boardmaker? Boardmaker is the leading Special Education Platform and is used in school districts and by students across the globe. The Global Product Manager will ensure that Tobii Dynavox continues to grow the Special Education Segment as well as deliver value to the students, teachers and school districts that utilize our products.
This person is responsible for defining the key problems, opportunities and the requirements needed to ensure that our customers in the Education segment, who work with children with special needs, are successful. This person enjoys sinking their teeth into the more technical parts of the product strategy and enjoys forming close working relationships with development, engineering, infrastructure, networking and sales teams.
Where you´ll work:
Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. We give people a voice. We help people with various disabilities with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways.
Our Pittsburgh, PA office is located just minutes from “Dahntahn” Pittsburgh and here you will be working with more than 200 happy Tobiians in the most dynamic and friendly environment in all of Pennsylvania. We have everything from design, development, production, and customer service and support right here on site so whatever question you have, you will find the answer in house!
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our users? Then log on…Job Description
Your days will be filled with:
- Setting strategic direction for products in the education segment
- Establishing product direction and requirements based on customer feedback, market research, and by working directly professionals in Tobii Dynavox
- Publicly presenting product information to individuals and groups of various backgrounds
- Developing and maintaining key relationships with customers and thought leaders to gather relevant feedback on products.
- Developing and analyzing business cases for product development efforts
- Assess and address technical risks
- Launching new products and managing the full lifecycle for products
- Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations
- Accountable for commercial success of products
- Other duties as assigned
Are you our next Tobiian?
We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in product management or equivalent industry experience required
- Experience as a product manager in areas such as SAAS Solutions, Enterprise Solution, Multi-Platform Solutions preferred
Skills needed to be successful in this position:
- Excellent communication skills are essential both in written and spoken format and on stage
- Strong internal drive and motivation to challenge status-quo
- Excellent interpersonal skills including collaboration and active listening
- Strong sense for product improvements, visionary thinking, and critical details
- Thorough understanding of world-class product experiences
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including sales, learning, developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance, and operations
- Able to assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage
Please address your questions to Ashley Weiss, firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled