Tobii is the world leader in eye tracking – a technology that allows a computer to tell exactly where a person is looking. Eye tracking is used in a broad range of applications including market research and eye-controlled computer interfaces. Headquartered in Stockholm, Tobii covers the global market with offices in USA, China, Japan, Norway, UK, and South Korea. If you want to work with high tech products and solve interesting problems, we are the right company for you!
We are now looking for a System Engineer to be a part of the system engineering team. You will form the bridge from product management and customers to our engineering teams, gather requirements and investigating the feasibility of different solutions. Making sure that the product that gets developed fulfills customer expectations.
Role and Responsibilities
In this position you will influence the future of human-machine interaction by meeting with customers and stakeholders. You will establish and ensure that technical documentation on systems and domain specific knowledge is maintained. You’re going to capture planned architecture and control emergent architecture by providing guiding principles, tradeoffs and patterns for emergent architecture to development teams. You will also facilitate, educate, coach and support the development teams with the purpose of enabling the team to be self-organized.
Your days will be filled with:
- Finding solutions that balance technical feasibility and customer needs
- Specify and refine system requirements at different levels
- Communicate - and facilitate the emergence of - an aligned technical vision
- Coordinating the team effort, e.g. helping to plan the agile work and set sprint goals
- Be an active participant in project planning and attend customer meetings
- Identifying needs and dependencies between different teams or competence groups
We are looking for engineers with:
- An M.Sc. in Physics, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years of work experience with product development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Ability to tailor the presentation of material to fit audiences with varying technical backgrounds.
It’s meritorious if you also have:
- Experience working in regulated industries like med-tech or automotive
- Experience from hardware development or product containing hardware
- Experience with eye tracking development
- Experience working with machine learning, AI and deep learning
We are looking for a person with a sharp mind and a curious, flexible, and communicative mindset. At Tobii we are all about working together to bring our customers the best products possible – so you need to be keen on teaching as well as learning from your colleagues.
We believe in diversity and equal opportunity. At Tobii we want you to be yourself and we welcome applicants from all walks of life. It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real. Watch this video to learn more about us!
Do you want to be part of defining our future products?
Please submit your resume through our website and address your questions to Linnéa Larsson. And don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!