As the global leader in eye tracking, we make the world better with technology that understands human attention and intent. With our leading position comes responsibility and we are determined to act sustainably and responsibly. We want to be a positive force in the world, both today and for future generations. As our colleague, you will get hundreds of enthusiastic Tobiians to share the passion with.
Where you´ll work
Here at Tobii North America, we believe that every success should be celebrated with a gong, every hello should be welcomed with a cup of coffee, and every employee is an important piece in the Tobii puzzle.
You can either chose to work from home depending on where you are located or together with our passionate and innovative team in Reston Virgina. You will work in our stunning collaborative space and if you feel an excess of energy, why not take advantage of our on-site gym or wind down after a day filled of amazed customers in our relaxation room?
If you don’t live close to Reston, we do prefer if you are located in the Northeastern US to minimize the time difference to Stockholm, Sweden where we have our headquarters and where your manager will be located.
We are looking for a skilled PR & Communications Manager to support our Head of Communications, located in Sweden. You will be the eyes and ears, as well as the PR expert for the US market, making sure to find the right opportunities and contexts for Tobii to be included in.
You will be responsible for coordinating with our US based PR agency, keeping them informed and on the right track. You will also be responsible for coordinating with different parts of our business to prioritize the right activities. Since we do not always have new products and solutions to talk about, you need to have a creative and proactive mindset, coming up with ideas for local PR activities.
As the ideal candidate, you have a proactive mindset, taking initiative and connect with a wide variety of internal stakeholders. Making sure they are informed and aligned on planned communication activities. You have a creative approach to challenges and can work in an environment where not all structures are in place and rather see it as an empowerment to be part of setting new processes.
This position will report to the Head of Communications and will be based out of our office in Reston, VA, with options for working remotely.
The PR & Communications manager is responsible for executing on PR and communication activities in the US market. It will include both proactive pitching and building relations to journalists, writing press releases and identify opportunities and context where Tobii should be included. One of the main responsibilities is to support Corporate Communications in telling the Tobii story and support our business segments with their communication needs.
To be successful in this role and at Tobii you need to be a self-starter with a problem-solving mindset and someone who enjoys working with people in a fast-paced environment.
Your days will be filled with
- Localizing global strategy/plan and execute on local activities.
- Consider best mix of owned and earned media and recommend strategies for using paid to amplify our reach.
- Write press releases, speeches, and other PR copy.
- Engage with journalists, analysts, and others with influence.
- Pitch story ideas to media and prepare Tobii’s spokespeople.
- Coordinate with marketing, sales and local PR agency.
- Support speaking engagement and events.
- Media monitoring and reporting.
- Proactive idea development for the US market.
We are looking for someone with
- Bachelor's degree in PR, Communications or related field.
- 3-4 years of PR and communications experience required (inhouse background or at PR agency).
- Previous experience form working in the tech industry or consulting for tech companies.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English (native).
- Experience in project management and execution of PR campaigns and/or initiatives.
- A creative mind with excellent organizational skills, project management and execution skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment, yet being self-propelled and can lead your own projects.
- Proficiency with Windows-based office software (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
Check out this Video to find out more about what we do!
Did we just describe you?
Submit your resume through our website as soon as possible, don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!