What do you want to do?
Are you looking to make an impact in someone’s life, while working in a fast paced environment?
The Senior Corporate Counsel is responsible for providing legal services to the organization on a wide array of legal matters, including providing counsel and advice on all aspects related to this growing global medical device / technology provider.
Where you´ll work
Tobii Dynavox today is part of Tobii Group but in the process of becoming a standalone listed company in Sweden. Tobii Dynavox is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. We give people a voice. We help people with various disabilities with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways.
Our Pittsburgh, PA office is located just minutes from “Dahntahn” Pittsburgh and here you will be working with more than 200 happy Tobiians in the most dynamic and friendly environment in all of Pennsylvania. We have everything from design, development, production, and customer service and support right here on site so whatever question you have, you will find the answer in house!Job Description
Your days will be filled with
- Setting legal strategy on both high-risk and routine legal operations, and drives continuous improvements of standards, policies, procedures, and processes
- Providing legal advice and counsel on general corporate legal matters, governance, and risk management for all North American legal entities
- Being responsible for drafting, negotiating, interpreting, and seeking enforcement of various complex commercial transactions, including sales agreements, reseller agreements, affiliations, supplier agreements, vendor agreements, service agreements, consultancy agreements, commercial leases, equipment leases, software licenses, EULAs, IP licenses and royalty agreements, non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), SaaS agreements, online Terms of Service, etc.
- Counseling the organization on healthcare regulatory compliance, including the Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, fraud and abuse, and laws related to Medicare/Medicaid, as well as antitrust matters
- Serving as subject matter expert on North American privacy laws affecting the business, with particular emphasis on HIPAA and FERPA; Reviews and negotiates privacy-related agreements as needed
- Supporting the Contracts Team with review and standardization of contract templates, as well as contractual issues that arise, including those pertaining to RFP submissions and questions related to reimbursement appeals
- Managing any litigation and disputes that arise, including coordinating outside counsel consistent with established budgetary parameters
- Responding to law firm records requests, subpoenas, court orders, etc.
- Helping develop appropriate IP strategy to maximize competitive advantage and manages the company’s IP portfolio
- Supporting the Human Resources function by drafting employment agreements/amendments, providing input on policies and procedures, advising on employee relations, performance management, hiring/terminations, restrictive covenants, benefits matters, etc.
- Advising staff on internal investigations, as needed
- Stays abreast of legislation, trends, issues and best practices pertaining to assigned areas and educates staff, as appropriate
- Conducting legal research and analysis and implements special projects as assigned
We are looking for someone who has:
- Juris Doctorate degree from a U.S. accredited law school
- At least one State Bar Admission in good standing with the ability to waive into Pennsylvania, if needed
- 8 years of relevant professional legal experience required
- Prior experience serving as in-house counsel for a multinational life sciences company, preferably with medical device experience
- Prior experience negotiating software transactions and licenses
- Experience with mergers/acquisitions and integration activities would be helpful
Skills needed to be successful in this position:
- Able to effectively and tactfully manage sensitive situation
- The ability to provide rapid, thorough but concise, straightforward responses to various legal-related inquiries from multiple function
- Excellent writing skills; able to draft a variety of documents on short timelines
- Hands on, efficient, and proven ability to get things done
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to work independently
- Collaborative team player across all levels and function
- Skilled project manager with superior organizational skills; able to facilitate multiple cross-functional work streams on tight timelines
Please address your questions to Ashley Weiss, email@example.com and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled