Tobii is the world leader in eye tracking – a technology that allows a computer to tell exactly where a person is looking. Eye tracking is used in a broad range of applications including market research and eye-controlled computer interfaces. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers the global market with offices in USA, China, Japan, Norway, UK, and South Korea. If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
We are designing customized optical systems for next generation eye-tracking products!
As a Senior Optronics Developer you need a broad range of tool sets from understanding visual optics, miniature low-cost cameras, novel illuminators, and waveguides to generate images relevant for world class eye-tracking.
We have designed customized optics, sensors, and illuminators for more than 10 years to enable world class eye-tracking systems. We cover a broad scope of simulation programs and test-sets in the lab. And the recipe to make all of this happen? We are big believers in knowledge sharing! No one can be an expert in all fields, and work gets more fun doing it together.
The role and responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for designing optical systems together with team members from different disciplines.
Your days will be filled with
- Designing and analyzing camera modules, illuminators, waveguides, and other optical components.
- Scouting new technologies and suppliers.
- Close contact with suppliers during pre-production.
- Developing an understanding on how eye-tracking can enable better visual experiences.
- Follow research in optics and eye-tracking for new product ideas.
We are looking for someone who
- Wants to challenge the way we design optical systems.
- Has a M.Sc. or a Ph.D. in Optics
- Has experience in Zemax or similar ray-tracing programs.
- Has experience from Matlab or Python problem solving..
If you on top of this have experience in Visual optic (i.e., the optics of the eye), LabView based test sets, Image processing or Machine learning that is a big plus!
To be successful in this role we believe you are a curious person who dares to challenge ideas and methods and who has a keen interest in new technology. You are customer oriented, both internally and externally and have a network of contacts in the optronics industry. You have experience working in an interdisciplinary team and enjoy collaborating with developers in Algo, Firmware, Mechatronics, NPI.
In the next coming weeks, we will be off on vacation but will get back to you in August!
Please address your questions to Peter Blixt, firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume through our careerpage.