What do you want to do?
Are you looking to make an impact in someone’s life?
The Learning Consultant will be focused on generating awareness and educating the North American market on our product and learning ecosystems. This role will support our organization in creating and maintaining market interest, customer loyalty and customer success, and sales revenue for the Tobii Dynavox & Boardmaker portfolio of products.
Where you´ll work
Tobii Dynavox is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. We give people a voice. We help people with various disabilities with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways.
As a remote employee you will be joining our diverse remote team of more than 130 happy Tobiians. We stretch from coast to coast and are just as diverse in our jobs as our locations. With the luxury of working from your home, and support from our Pittsburgh office, you will be part of empowering people with disabilities to do what they once did, or never thought possible.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our users? Then log on…Job Description
Your days will be filled with:
The focus on specific key responsibilities may vary for individual Learning Consultants and/or evolve over time.
- Support team functions
- Demonstrate strong presentation and facilitation skills to drive meaningful and engaging learning experiences
o Submit proposals for local, national, and international conferences and large events; attend events to deliver presentations
- Support Sales in training customers through various modalities
- Support creation of engaging trainings and programs for customers to increase knowledge, develop skills and abilities, and successfully support the use of Boardmaker and Tobii Dynavox products.
- Demonstrate attention to detail in reporting and ASHA CE Provider compliance tasks
- Support the business
- Exemplify the Tobii Dynavox culture and values
- Support internal & external customers. This assumes the abilities to:
- Effectively communicate in detail about the application of language, communication, literacy, and education to a broad range of individuals and professionals to support user needs
- Apply current knowledge of research and best practices in special education, communication, AT, and related fields to enhance and evolve training content
- Act as a spokesperson for the company on clinical and educational subjects
- Promote and support the Boardmaker and Tobii Dynavox products and ecosystem. This assumes:
- Demonstrable competency with the Boardmaker and Tobii Dynavox product portfolio
- Demonstrable knowledge of products’ value to various customers, product application and utilization, product implementation, and user setup/configuration
- The ability to act as a subject matter expert to support product and development plans as well as support launches and ongoing needs of our products
- Other duties as assigned
Are you our next Tobiian?
To be successful in this role and at Tobii you need to have an awesome can-do attitude with a focus on removing obstacles to keep projects on-track.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience with our family of products
- Experience in Assistive Technology (AT)
- Master’s Degree in Special Education or Speech-Language Pathology preferred
- Experience in a learning setting (e.g., experience with training, instructional design, or content creation preferred)
- Experience in managing projects preferred
Skills needed to be successful in this position:
- Ability to Remain calm, professional, and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate effectively and influence others
- Work collaboratively as part of a remote team
- Exhibit critical thinking and consultative skills, problem solve, and maintain a customer focus
- Communicate complex topics in a simple and straightforward manner
- Demonstrate strong organization skills
- Confidently deliver engaging, learner-centric trainings for internal and external customers
- Align with adult learning principles and relevant research in the field of training and development
- Demonstrate virtual facilitation skills
- Provide a high level of customer service and support to key customers and learning initiatives
- MS Office Suite
- Ability to effectively use Windows and Apple computers and devices
- Additional helpful skills:
- Virtual meeting skills (e.g., Zoom)
- Visual project management tools (e.g., Favro)
- Learning Management Systems (e.g., Talent)
- Video editing software (e.g., Camtasia)
- Takes ownership and accountability of all assignments and work; takes initiative and doesn’t consistently wait for direction
- Quickly comprehend and demonstrate mastery of new material and subject matter
- Excellent organization and time management skills; detail oriented
- Compliance with all industry, business, and team policies, processes, and guidelines
- Work with interruptions
- Keep up in a fast-paced work setting and meet deadlines
- Work remotely while remaining collaborative with peers globally
- Able to work flexible hours and weekends when needed to support business
- Willing and able to travel extensively across US and/or Canada approximately 50%
- Some international travel may be required; valid passport required
Please address your questions to Jasmine Galindo, Jasmine.Galindo@tobiidynavox.com and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled