Are you into high-tech and ground-breaking eye tracking technology and want to have a direct impact on the success of our products? Do you want to ensure that everything we release is of the highest quality? Then continue reading below! We are looking for a Software Architect to our extraordinary automotive team!
As Software Architect you will lead the development of innovative solutions to make driving safer
Tobii Driver Monitoring System (Tobii DMS) is based on 20 years of innovation in eye tracking. It is a powerful solution for monitoring drivers and assessing their attention. Tobii DMS translates camera images into a stream of core driver-state signals such as a person’s gaze point, how open their eyes are, and their head pose. These signals help save lives by delivering real-time feedback on driver state, such as drowsiness and distraction.
Reliable algorithms play an essential role in eye tracking technology and mass market applications pose extremely challenging requirements on Tobii’s eye-tracking library.
The role and responsibilities
We believe that as a successful Software Architect you have a solid programming background and still enjoy doing it. You will work in a cross-functional development team and you will coach the team with your Software Architecture expertise. You will also work together with architects from other teams to develop a strong community of practice and synchronize the architecture across the platform.
Your days will be filled with:
- Act as the Software Architecture specialist in a cross-functional development team
- Coach team in best practices for software development
- Develop platform software architecture together with other architects, maximizing reusability across integrations
- Analyze and refine customer requirements and help ensure that the solutions we build maximize customer value
- Participate in design and development of software for computer vision and machine learning in C++ and Python
- Take responsibility for compliance with relevant standards (such as ASPICE, MISRA, AUTOSAR)
- Be part of defining tooling requirements and interface with the DevOps team
- Participate in customer meetings
We are looking for someone who:
- Has solid experience in designing complex software solutions, preferably for embedded and/or automotive applications
- Enjoys taking on technical challenges and making sure the team solves them without overlooking essential aspects
- Enjoys driving technical discussions, questioning existing solutions and striving for continuous improvement
- Has good knowledge in C++ and Python programming
- Has an MSc or PhD in engineering physics, computer science, mathematics or equivalent
It is of great merit if you have previous experience with software for embedded systems. We hope that you focus on code quality and enjoy presenting to and discussing engineering topics with your peers.
Being a Tobiian
We believe in diversity and equal opportunity. At Tobii we want you to be yourself and we welcome applicants from all walks of life. It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real. Each day is different here at Tobii, hopefully, this is something that motivates you! We want you to be comfortable at work so come in wearing high heels or flip flops as long as you feel that's who you want to be, we're looking for a good personal fit and believe that diversity is the spice of life! Watch this video to learn more about us!
Do you want to be part of defining our future products? Please submit your resume through our website and address for your the next step.