Tobii is pushing eye tracking performance to transform the way humans interact with machines and data is an essential strategic asset in this quest. We are now looking people that are excited to join Tobii and our data team in Stockholm. You will be at the heart of our technology and your job will be valuable for improving the state-of-the-art algorithms that make Tobii the world leader in eye tracking.
As a Senior Data Acquisition Engineer, you will be a member of the Data team at Tobii with responsibility for running data acquisition and annotation projects, developing software and processes for data acquisition, processing and annotation along with supporting and coaching more junior colleagues. You will work closely with all of Tobii's segments and products and be crucial in promoting our data-driven algorithm development and evaluation. The role requires a high level of flexibility both in technical and practical aspects and allows for a lot of creativity and innovation in improving our processes.
You will work closely with colleagues in both Sweden and other places in the world.
Your days will be filled with:
- Developing and maintaining our data aquisition software - which you also will be an end user of.
- Taking lead in automate data acquisition processes (automatic recruitment, creating interactive instructions systems etc.)
- In close cooperation with the rest of Engineering department, plan and execute data acquisition projects.
- Mentoring and coaching more junior colleagues.
- Taking lead in solving problems that has no perfect solution (for example how do we measure the ground truth of a head pose?)
- Working with all of Tobii's eye tracking systems: XR/VR, trackers for medical research and gaming, driver monitoring systems for automotive, etc.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has at least 2 years of professional experience in Python and modern C++.
- Has a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer science or equivalent.
- Who wants to be a "Swizz Army knife" of technology knowledge.
- Enjoys interacting with people.
We also think that you are proactive about developing processes for efficiency improvements. To be able to execute in this role you need to be comfortable meeting new people and conducting data collection with participants in Stockholm and sometimes abroad.
It is meritorious if you also have:
- Has an interest in automation and mentoring.
- Experience with any sort of project management.
- Experience of working with video/cameras/images.
- Professional experience of machine learning.
- Experience in a public-facing role.
Being a Tobiian
We believe in diversity and equal opportunity. At Tobii we want you to be yourself and we welcome applicants from all walks of life. It is all about passion, innovation, and making things real. Each day is different here at Tobii, hopefully, this is something that motivates you! We want you to be comfortable at work so come in wearing high heels or flip flops as long as you feel that's who you want to be, we're looking for a good personal fit and believe that diversity is the spice of life!
Watch THIS video to learn more about us!
Do you want to be part of a company rather than just work for one?
Please submit your resume through our website and address your questions to Laura Åkerman (firstname.lastname@example.org)