Tobii is the world leader in eye tracking – a technology that allows a computer to tell exactly where a person is looking. Eye tracking is used in a broad range of applications including market research and eye controlled computer interfaces. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers the global market with offices in USA, China, Japan, Norway, UK and South Korea. If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
The NPI (New Product Introduction) team at Tobii works in a creative environment and consists of multi-skilled persons in mechanical, electrical, and software design. The teams’ responsibilities span across development and sustaining activities and we collaborate with multiple disciplines and international teams. We are now looking to expand our team with yet another stellar team member! If you enjoy working in a high paced, cross functional and global environment this is the job for you!
The role and responsibilities
In this role as NPI Engineer at Tobii, you will be responsible for driving continuous product quality improvement through the product lifecycle by conducting root cause analysis together with engineering, production, and other team members. You will act as the primary technical interface towards production and provide relevant quality data from different projects and manufacturing teams and much more!
Your days will be filled with
• Evaluate and qualify components together with stakeholders, such as Engineering, R&D, and Supply chain
• Working closely with Original Design manufacturers (ODMs), Contract Manufacturers (CMs), and suppliers to prioritize and solve problems
• Set up quality monitoring procedures, evaluate supplier performance and make improvement proposals relating to materials and component
• Drive continuous improvement through the product lifecycle, resulting in reduced cycle time, increased yields, and lower cost
• Drive DfX analysis and control plan reviews
• Following up the cost of service order
In this role, you will also be responsible for chairing the product change control board and following up on the overall execution of change implementation! All our jobs at Tobii are about innovation, passion, and not the least - making things real.
We are looking for someone who has
• A university degree in electrical, manufacturing or quality engineering or similar
• 5 + years experience in manufacturing or industrialization of complex products, for example as a Supplier- or Production Quality Engineer in the manufacturing industry
• Worked in Six Sigma tools such as root cause analysis and statistical process control
• Fluency in English, both verbal and in writing
If you have firsthand experience from a production environment we find it as strong merit! As a person, we believe you are a team player with good communication skills and a can-do attitude. You have an ownership mentality and love solving problems in cooperation with stakeholders such as engineering and production teams.
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world. Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology. Life is short so we choose to spend it building high-tech products that matter!
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one. If you take pride in honest hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home. It’s all about passion, innovation, and making things real. Watch this video if you want to learn more about us.
Please address your questions to Sanna Fridell and submit your resume or Linkedin profile in English, through our website as soon as possible! Don’t wait, at Tobii we move quickly!