Tobii is the global leader in eye tracking and related attention research products and services. We allow our clients to literally see through the eyes of their customers, via eye-tracking technology. Our hardware, software, and services are used to develop and enhance product design by giants like Google, Microsoft, Unilever, Toyota, and Sony. Tobii eye tracking is also used by leading researchers in top universities and government agencies all over the world. If you want to work with an innovative, forward-looking, market-leading company, we may have just the job for you!
With offices in Sweden, Chile, Japan, China, the UK, and the United States, we have truly gone global. The North American headquarters is in Reston, VA, but we have employees all over the country. Despite the distance between us, the culture is close-knit, and colleagues quickly become friends. Long story short – Tobii is a great place to work!
The Role and Key Responsibilities
Tobii North America is currently looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Account Manager to join our Marketing Research and User Experience Sales team. This team specializes in providing eye tracking systems and research services to businesses interested in understanding consumer attention and behavior. We are looking for a remote employee in one of the key markets of the available sales territory. The best location for this employee would be one of the following - Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Denver, Phoenix, St. Louis, Seattle, or Portland. However, we will consider applicants from other parts of the US. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Manage a sales region consisting of central and western areas of the US and Canada
• Maintain strong relationships with both experienced clients and newcomers to eye tracking
• Visit clients, demo our technology, and inform the market about Tobii Pro’s offerings
• Accumulate leads of potential clients who wish to use eye tracking systems and services
• Build a pipeline of potential sales and manage your goals in salesforce
• Work effectively from home, with frequent contact with fellow Tobiians
• Convert interested prospects into satisfied Tobii Pro customers!
You will report to the Director of Marketing Research and User Experience and work closely with Pro Insight’s Research Director to build relationships and develop proposals.
As the ideal candidate, you are energetic, highly organized, and have strong personal drive. It is critical that you have solid “people skills” and are willing to learn a lot about technology, research, and the business goals of your customers. You enjoy working in a very dynamic and fast-growing company, where you not only have a great amount of influence, but also have considerable responsibility and high expectations with regard to results, achievements, and setting your own initiatives. You possess a background in consumer research, experience in business-to-business sales, solid salesforce skills, and an aptitude for technology.
Minimum and preferred requirements for the position:
• 2-5 years of sales experience in Marketing Research and/or UX/Usability Services
• Understanding of Marketing Research, UX/Usability methodology and results
• Aptitude for technology and interest in research approaches
• Strong experience in Salesforce and Microsoft Office
• Team oriented, with a desire to work with a large degree of autonomy
• Willingness to travel 20% of the time
• Experience identifying opportunities, selling to, or working with CPG companies, market research agencies, tech brands, or advertising/media firms is a plus
• Not required, but experience selling or working with eye tracking research
Are you our next Tobiian?
To be successful in this role and at Tobii you need to be a self-starter with a problem-solving mindset and someone who enjoys working with people in a fast-paced, technical environment.
Submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Marketing and User Experience Research