Are you into high-tech and ground-breaking eye tracking technology and want to have an impact on the success of our products? Do you want to ensure that everything we develop is well-functioning, optimized, and of the highest quality? Great! We're currently looking for a System Engineer and you might be the one we’re waiting for!
As our System Engineer, you will influence the future of human-machine interaction by meeting with customers and stakeholders, and working closely with the product teams to find the best solutions. You will form the bridge from product management and customers to our engineering teams, gather requirements and investigate the feasibility of different solutions. Making sure the product that gets developed fulfills customer expectations.
Role and Responsibilities
You will work closely with our screen-based eye tracking teams, making sure everyone has the same view on system design, architecture, and requirements. You will also be an important speaking partner to the stakeholders, product owners and product management in planning activities.
We’re looking for someone that has a sharp mind and a curious, flexible, and communicative mindset. The system role requires many aspects of informal leadership. Self-direction, combined with and good leadership and people skills are key success factors in this role. You will be presenting to audiences with varying technical backgrounds and need to tailor your presentation accordingly. At Tobii, we are all about working together to bring our customers the best products possible - so you need to be keen to teach as well as to learn from your colleagues.
Your days will be filled with:
- Finding solutions that balance technical feasibility, performance and customer needs
- Specify and refine system requirements at different levels
- Communicate - and facilitate the emergence of - an aligned technical vision
- Coordinating the team effort, e.g. helping to plan the agile work and set sprint goals
- Be an active participant in project planning and attend customer meetings
- Reviewing system performance and identifying bottlenecks
- Identifying and addressing needs and dependencies between different teams or competence groups
- Working closely with the engineering teams and aligning different perspectives into one solution
- Working closely with product management and other key stakeholders.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you have:
- A M.Sc. in Physics, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years of work experience with product development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- (Preferred) Experience working in regulated industries like med-tech or automotive
- (Preferred) Experience with eye tracking development
- (Preferred) Skills and experience with AI/Deep learning
- (Preferred) Experience with participation in IP mining
Being a Tobiian
We believe in diversity and equal opportunity. At Tobii we want you to be yourself and we welcome applicants from all walks of life. It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real. Each day is different here at Tobii, hopefully, this is something that motivates you! We want you to be comfortable at work so come in wearing high heels or flip flops as long as you feel that's who you want to be, we're looking for a good personal fit and believe that diversity is the spice of life! Watch THIS video to learn more about us!
Do you want to be part of a company rather than just work for one?
Please submit your resume through our website and address your questions to Linnéa Larsson (firstname.lastname@example.org)