Are you looking for an opportunity were you can be a part of something big? How about to deliver an entire new product to market that makes driving safer! Come join Tobii as our new Field Application Engineer where your core strength will be to understand complex technical solutions and to create value and improvement in the Automotive Industry. You will be a vital part in creating long lasting customer relations being the technical bridge between Tobii and our clients.
Tobii Driver Monitoring System (Tobii DMS) is based on 20 years of innovation in eye tracking and attention computing. It is a powerful solution for assessing drivers’ ability to safely drive a car. Tobii DMS translates camera images into a stream of core signals such as a person’s gaze point and head pose, which then are used to deliver feedback on driver state, such as drowsiness and distraction.
Role and responsibilities
As Field Application Engineer you will be the technical expert and the link between development, customer, and sales. You will work with prospects to showcase the benefits of Tobii DMS and analyse customer requirement together with Account Manager and ensure our product meet customer requirement. You will provide technical training to customers, colleagues and others as required. This role includes traveling globally, both alone and together with colleagues. You will report to Head of Automotive Segment at Tobii Headquarters in Stockholm. We want this to be a perfect match so your location is not the most important pre-requisite, however we do believe you will work from a European time zone, and willingness to move to Stockholm is a plus.
You will also:
- Prepare and perform technical sales presentation
- Identify requirements before the customer does
- Perform/Set up customer demonstrations and evaluations
- Be active in RFQ work
- Prepare and perform customer training activities.
- Program and create PoC’s/Demos
To succeed we think that you have:
- Strong motivation, customer orientation and communication skills
- Five plus years of prior working in similar position in the Automotive industry
- Work experience from OEM/Tier 1/Tier 2, preferably as SW developer or FEA/Tech sales
- Understanding of Vision systems in Automotive industry
- Familiarity with embedded systems design
- Controller Area Network (CAN bus) knowledge
- Programming knowledge, Python.
- Committed and willing to travel (50-100 days/year)
- Driving license
What you will get from us is an international work environment where your ideas matter and where you can thrive in a diverse culture. Tobii also offers a competitive compensation package, which include yearly budget for training and education.
Being a Tobiian
We believe in diversity and equal opportunity. At Tobii we want you to be yourself and we welcome applicants from all walks of life. It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real. Each day is different here at Tobii, hopefully, this is something that motivates you! We want you to be comfortable at work so come in wearing high heels or flip flops as long as you feel that's who you want to be, we're looking for a good personal fit and believe that diversity is the spice of life! Watch this video to learn more about us!
Do you want to be part of defining our future products? Please submit your resume through our website and address for your the next step.