Are you longing to be a part of a stellar creative team defining cool products and services? Are you looking for a new fast paced adventure where your creativity will be your most important tool? Do you have ideas and a vision that you know could make a difference within tech? Then come join us as our Senior UX Designer at Tobii!
But first, did you know this about Tobii?
Tobii is the world leading provider of eye tracking solutions – a computer vision and machine learning based technology that enables a computing device to understand exactly where a person is looking.
We help businesses and science professionals gain real insights into human behavior and our customers are some of the world's most famous brands and reputable universities. Our diverse client roster includes carmakers, science labs and elite sport teams.
Tobii Pro Glasses is an award-winning product that enables insight in human behavior. Tobii Pro Glasses have the capacity to provide objective measurements of attentional processing and cognitive workload in places where critical decisions are made while maintaining natural behavior.
“The scene camera’s increased field of view in Tobii Pro Glasses 3 makes a major difference when conducting wayfinding research, especially in an outdoor environment where, with a narrower field of view, we would lose track of the gaze data. The design of Pro Glasses 3 is very comfortable, making them unobtrusive to wear which is an important factor to collect unbiased insights.”
Professor Barbara Chaparro, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, User eXperience Lab
Role and Responsibilities
As a UX Designer you will be a senior member of our UX team, involved in evaluating the whole picture, from software to service design. This role requires the ability to evangelize new ways of delivering our products to our customers and researchers. We need a broad thinker able to design future focused experiences that amazes customers!
You are based out of our headquarters in Stockholm and report to our UX Director. Your main goal is to lead the UX work defining the Glasses product and more. Your strength lies in knowing a product is only as good as the support a company provides before, during and after. You thrill in customer journeys, to really advance not only what we deliver but how we do it!
You will also:
- Gather detailed feedback from specialized market customers
- Lead the new beta program
- Be proactively involved in development of new products
- Be the liaison between the industrial design team and software development
- Create sketches, wireframes of ideas for discussion. Convert tested ideas to high fidelity prototypes. Complete specs and assets as needed for development.
- Conduct usability testing and other forms of research for products
- Create plan or journeys for analyzing product use and areas of improvement
- Be able to identify solutions which are based on user needs and make sense for the business
You will also distil complex product ideas into executable design and should be able to present multiple options to stakeholders and discuss solutions with developers. This requires you to be flexible and understand technical constraints.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Are a Senior UX Designer with a user’s-first mindset
- At least 5 years of experience working in a complex, fast-moving product organization
- Proven track record of execution on products with specific market needs, i.e., research
- Enjoy a sense of ownership and guiding product direction validated by your testing
- Be able to present and clearly communicate solutions to developers, stakeholders
At Tobii we have a very diverse and multicultural working environment. We are looking for a team-oriented person who has an active mind with many ideas. You have confidence to explore and choose best way forward. Shows passion for detail and creating the best product possible.
Is this you? Apply today!