At Tobii we offer you an exciting opportunity to be a part of a passionate workplace with colleagues from all over the world! We support each other to get things done and succeed together! Here is your chance to be part of our community when we are looking for a Technical Assistant to join our team in Steinhausen (Zug)!
Tobii is the world leader in eye tracking – a technology that allows a computer to tell exactly where a person is looking. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers the global market with offices in the USA, China, Japan, UK, Germany, and Belgium.
We develop eye tracking technology aiming to improve human-machine interaction. The applications are found in a wide variety of areas such as:
- VR/AR headsets, where eye tracking improves headset performance as well as user experience
- Gaming, where our platforms provide an improved and immersive experience
- Automotive, where Tobii's DMS (Driver Monitoring Systems) system help save lives in traffic
- Education, where eye trackers are used to assess literacy and to monitor levels of distraction
- Assistive technology that enables hands-free computer interaction for people with communication disabilities
- Research to understand human behavior, attention, and intention
If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
Role and responsibilities
As our Technical Assistant, you will, together with the team, support the production and assembly of advanced eye-tracking lenses. In this role you will be a part of the Operations team in Switzerland, a group of six people, all with broad experience in the production area.
Your days will be filled with:
- Carry out production process steps and quality control tasks
- Perform repetitive tasks which require manual dexterity to put sensitive parts or pieces together quickly and accurately.
- Assist with inspecting materials and products for manufacturing defects
- Responsible for tasks which require close and color vision
- Document process and quality inspection data
- Testing, packing and shipment of sensitive advanced lens products
- Maintain safe and clean working environment and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Be aware of inventory and anticipating needed supplies and working with manager to ensure supplies are available.
- Assist with administrative tasks such as order handling
To succeed in this position, we believe that you have:
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or a completed professional training, preferably with a technical background
- About 2 years of experience working in a manufacturing, assembly, or similar technical environment
- Excellent skills in German and English, both written and verbal
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills
As a person you are an open-minded problem solver that has the interest in and ability to improve existing processes. You are self-motivated, love to learn new things, have an eye for details and the ability to develop positive & warm relationships.
Please address your questions to Lutz Körner, Lutz.Korner@tobii.com, and submit your resume or LinkedIn profile through our website as soon as possible, don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Being a Tobiian
We believe in diversity and equal opportunity. At Tobii we want you to be yourself and we welcome applicants from all walks of life. It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real. Each day is different here at Tobii, hopefully, this is something that motivates you! We want you to be comfortable at work so come in wearing high heels or flip flops as long as you feel that's who you want to be, we're looking for a good personal fit and believe that diversity is the spice of life!
Watch this video if you want to learn more about us.