As one of Sweden’s fastest growing technology companies, Tobii has a high level of patent growth. Our IP team is a tight knit group of high performing professionals and now we’re seeking a Patent Attorney to join our team.
At Tobii, we place great value on our IP and we want the best people to not only make sure we have the right protection, but that we can use our IP to create business value. We are seeking a strategic thinker who is well versed in everything about IP. We don’t just want a patent-filer, but someone who can understand technology, work closely with our inventors, and create valuable assets.
Roles and responsibilities
In this role, you will work within the IP team at the direction of Tobii’s Chief IP Officer and be responsible for working with all facets of Tobii’s intellectual property. You will be an integral member of the team, tasked with making your own decisions and working independently within the team environment. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of projects in an international setting in a company where you are expected to beat yesterday, every day. As one of our Patent Attorneys you will help guide, and grow, Tobii’s patent portfolio.
Your days will be filled with;
- Working closely with inventors to identify, define and protect Tobii’s innovations.
- Drafting patent specifications.
- Prosecuting patent filings.
- Participating in patent litigation.
- Working on Tobii’s IP licensing program.
- Performing Freedom to Operate (FTO) analyses.
- Advising the legal team on intellectual property matters as part of commercial negotiations.
- Contributing your knowledge to the other members of the IP team and the broader organisation.
- Training the organization on Tobii’s IP strategy.
We are looking for the right person, preferably with some of the following:
- Experience working in the IP industry, either in-house, private practice or patent office.
- Qualification or part qualification as a Patent Attorney will be beneficial, from jurisdictions such as Europe, USA, UK, Germany, China, Canada, Japan, Australia or other countries is also of merit.
- A degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Math, Physics or similar.
- A self-starter mindset capable of managing your own workload and meeting targets as well as deadlines.
- An interest to learn from other members of our small yet talented IP team while sharing your own knowledge and experience.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- If you don’t speak Swedish, no problem! You can take Swedish classes through Tobii.
If you are an outgoing individual with a positive attitude, who shares our interest in amazing high-tech products, please don’t hesitate to apply! Applications from outside Sweden are accepted and relocation will be offered to the right candidate.
Life at Tobii
At Tobii we believe that diversity strengthens us. Regardless if you walk around in high heels or prefer to go barefoot; if you’re a huge gamer or if you haven’t played a game since Pacman was released; if Stockholm is where you grew up or if your roots are somewhere else. It is the pride and happiness in what we do that make us come together.
Please address your questions to Trent Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible, don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Only applications sent through our career page will be reviewed.