Software Engineer (Mid-Senior)
Tobii is pushing eye tracking performance to transform the way humans interact with machines and data is an essential strategic asset in this quest. We are now looking people that are excited to join Tobii and our data team in Stockholm. You will be at the heart of our technology and your job will be valuable for improving the state-of-the-art algorithms that make Tobii the world leader in eye tracking.
As a Senior Data Acquisition Engineer, you will be a member of the Data team at Tobii with responsibility for running data acquisition and annotation projects, developing software and processes for data acquisition, processing and annotation along with supporting and coaching more junior colleagues. You will work closely with all of Tobii's segments and products and be crucial in promoting our data-driven algorithm development and evaluation. The role requires a high level of flexibility both in technical and practical aspects and allows for a lot of creativity and innovation in improving our processes.
You will work closely with colleagues in both Sweden and other places in the world.
Your days will be filled with:
- Developing and maintaining our data aquisition software - which you also will be an end user of.
- Taking lead in automate data acquisition processes (automatic recruitment, creating interactive instructions systems etc.)
- In close cooperation with the rest of Engineering department, plan and execute data acquisition projects.
- Mentoring and coaching more junior colleagues.
- Taking lead in solving problems that has no perfect solution (for example how do we measure the ground truth of a head pose?)
- Working with all of Tobii's eye tracking systems: XR/VR, trackers for medical research and gaming, driver monitoring systems for automotive, etc.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has at least 2 years of professional experience in Python and modern C++.
- Has a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer science or equivalent.
- Who wants to be a "Swizz Army knife" of technology knowledge.
- Enjoys interacting with people.
We also think that you are proactive about developing processes for efficiency improvements. To be able to execute in this role you need to be comfortable meeting new people and conducting data collection with participants in Stockholm and sometimes abroad.
It is meritorious if you also have:
- Has an interest in automation and mentoring.
- Experience with any sort of project management.
- Experience of working with video/cameras/images.
- Professional experience of machine learning.
- Experience in a public-facing role.
Sounds like you? Hit the button and apply!
We are curious about you! So let us know about your background, experiences and where you’re heading. Please address your questions to Villjun Rante and submit your resume or LinkedIn profile through our website. We highly prioritize applications sent through our website.
So don’t wait – at Tobii, we move quickly!
Being a Tobiian
We believe in diversity and equal opportunity. At Tobii we want you to be yourself and we welcome applicants from all walks of life. It is all about passion, innovation, and making things real. Each day is different here at Tobii, hopefully, this is something that motivates you! We want you to be comfortable at work so come in wearing high heels or flip flops as long as you feel that's who you want to be, we're looking for a good personal fit and believe that diversity is the spice of life!
Do you want to be part of a company rather than just work for one?
Watch THIS video to learn more about us!
- Research and Development
- Data Science
- Employment type
The Tobii way
Tobii is an international company that nurtures a welcoming, friendly atmosphere and non-hierarchical mindset. In Europe, North America and Asia, we cultivate a culture where we all can be ourselves and anyone can talk to anyone, share thoughts and discuss new ideas. This creates an atmosphere where we are more work buddies than colleagues. And the same way that we care for each other on a personal level, the company cares for us as employees; offering work-life balance and great benefits. All this combined spurs career opportunities, innovative ideas and – equally important – fun at work.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Stockholm, Tobii is a Swedish tech company listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm (TOBII) since 2015. Tobii is the world leader in eye tracking, employing about 600 people with a vision of a world where all technology works in harmony with natural human behavior.
Software Engineer (Mid-Senior)
Loading application form
Already working at Tobii?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.