Are you looking for a tech company where you can be a core player in designing and delivering the global PR strategy and strengthening the company's reputation? Tobii is revolutionizing human technology, and we need someone to make sure our stories are told and reach our key audiences. If you are a storyteller with a knack for simplifying complex stories and can always find a way to engage the public, we can't wait to meet you.
Join us as our new Head of Communications to lead our global communication strategy ahead!
This is how we do it!
The corporate communications team at Tobii is responsible for building awareness about Tobii as a company. As Head of Communications, you will lead the communications team at Tobii and be responsible for planning and executing PR and communication activities on a global level.
You will directly manage the Communications & Creative team, which is a team of 8 people and includes copywriters, communication specialists, designers, and creatives. You will collaborate closely with colleagues in the US, China, Japan, and Europe. This role is based at our headquarters in Stockholm and reports to the VP of Marketing & Communications.
But first, did you know this about Tobii
We are the global leader in eye tracking, a position we earned through our passion for technology and our ambition to create tech for a better future. Our journey began over 20 years ago when we delivered the world’s first plug-and-play eye tracker. Since then, we’ve been on a mission to build technology that understands human attention and intent. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Tobii covers the global market with offices in Belgium, China, Germany, Japan, Switzerland, Taiwan, the UK, and the US. Our diverse client roster includes carmakers, science labs, elite sports teams, UX design agencies, and many more. Our audience is fascinating, and our growth potential is huge!
More about the role
As Head of Communications, you will shape the Tobii narrative globally while guiding proactive idea development and managing local PR activities. Your responsibilities include planning and implementing PR and communication initiatives for the Swedish and the US market. This role involves strategic and hands-on aspects, as you lead proactive and reactive PR & Comms activities from planning to execution. You will also support our IR department with communication activities, such as annual and quarterly reports.
- Create and deliver our global PR strategy to strengthen our company's reputation.
- Write press releases and pitch story ideas to Swedish media.
- Lead and be hands-on with proactive communications and reactive activities.
- Support our leadership team and internal stakeholders with communications.
- Media training, preparation, and advisor to Tobii’s spokespeople.
- Support speaking engagements and events.
- Media monitoring, interaction, and reporting.
- Owner of the crisis communication policy, lead the execution process when needed.
- Be part of the marketing management team.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in PR, Communications, or related field.
- Proven experience in a similar role – both strategic and operative.
- Deep knowledge of PR and communications required (in-house background or agency).
- Experience from working with or at a tech company or a deep personal interest in tech.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Swedish - both written and oral
- Work in a fast-paced environment and be able to prioritize.
- A creative mind with excellent project management skills.
Being a Tobiian
You should embrace the challenge of managing multiple projects simultaneously and be motivated to achieve optimal results. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while independently leading projects as a self-starter is essential. Success at Tobii requires strong interpersonal skills and a pragmatic team player mindset.
Please address your questions to Villjun Rante and submit your LinkedIn profile or resumé through our website as soon as possible, don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
We can't wait to hear your story and see what you can contribute to our team.