What do you want to do?
Are you looking to make an impact in someone’s life, while working in a fast-paced environment?
The Buyer role is responsible for providing purchasing and planning activities to meet our supply chain needs. This includes supplier sourcing, procurement, supplier performance management, materials planning, and inventory planning. under the direction of the Supply Chain Manager, you will provide ERP system data maintenance support for purchasing and planning activities.
Where you´ll work
Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. We give people a voice. We help people with various disabilities with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways.
Our Pittsburgh, PA office is located just minutes from “Dahntahn” Pittsburgh and here you will be working with more than 200 happy Tobiians in the most dynamic and friendly environment in all of Pennsylvania. We have everything from design, development, production, and customer service and support right here on site so whatever question you have, you will find the answer in house!
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our users? Then log on…Job Description
Your days will be filled with:
- Analyzing, calculating, and monitoring inventory levels on active device, legacy product lines and accessories
- Reviewing MRP reports and taking appropriate actions. Placing inventory purchase orders in Great Plains and Visma – monitoring and expediting
- Completing NCMR’s - contacting vendor for RMA # then processing credit/debit memos to preparing parts for shipment
- Implementing new inventory parts – Contact with vendor, product management and other internal departments. New vendor setup – Initiating purchasing and accounting forms to be completed as required
- Working with Quality Control / R&D when vendor issues arise.
- Researching, present, and track cost reduction opportunities
- Participating in cross-functional projects / meetings related to e.g. new product introduction, life cycle changes and supply chain changes
- Managing supplier performance by conducting routine supplier review
Are you our next Tobiian?
To be successful in this role and at Tobii you need to be able to work cross functionally.
We are looking for someone who has:
- High school degree required
- Certificate, Associates, or Bachelors in a business, or technical discipline required, or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years’ experience working within an ERP-based inventory management system
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics GP is preferred
- Accounting background is a plus
Skills needed to be successful in this position:
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Proficient in basic computer navigation skills
- Experience using MS Word, MS Excel, and Outlook
- Experience using an ERP inventory and purchasing system
We find it to be a strong merit if you have experience leading and managing small projects.Additional Information
Please address your questions to Jasmine Galindo, firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled