What do you want to do?
Are you looking to make an impact in someone’s life, while working in a fast-paced environment?
The Collections Specialist supports the effective management of the revenue cycle process and ensures the accurate and timely collection of sales to third party payers (including Medicare, Medicaid, Private Insurance, and other funding sources). The Specialist works with insurance companies, clients, and customers to resolve collection issues and reconciles accounts.
Where you´ll work
Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. We give people a voice. We help people with various disabilities with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways.
Our Pittsburgh, PA office is located just minutes from “Dahntahn” Pittsburgh and here you will be working with more than 200 happy Tobiians in the most dynamic and friendly environment in all of Pennsylvania. We have everything from design, development, production, and customer service and support right here on site so whatever question you have, you will find the answer in house!
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our users?Job Description
Your days will be filled with:
- Managing assigned accounts and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of billing, collections, and payment activity
- Once an account is billed, the account becomes the Collector’s responsibility.
- What would you be responsible for?
- Verification that a claim is on file
- Follow up with the payer due to lack of payment
- Investigation of denials
- Coordination with the billers to address billing issues
- What would you be responsible for?
- Coordinating with the funding consultants to address documentation questions
- Preparing the correspondence, such as appeals, to fight for the payment of accounts, request different denial codes, etc.
- Reviewing the posted payments for accuracy and investigate differences
- Updating the account notes to document collection actions and expected outcomes
- Communicating frequently with insurance companies, clients, SPLs, and vendors to ensure the payment of accounts
- Alerting the Manager of Billing & Collections of potential payment issues
- Recommending adjustments/write-offs to the Manager of Billing and Collections and receive approval prior to reconciling accounts
- Investigating refund requests related to accounts and complete refund paperwork for accounts that need to be refunded
- Staying abreast of state, federal, and third-party funding regulations for assigned accounts ensuring billing and payment practices comply with third party payer requirements
- Performing various other tasks as assigned
Are you our next Tobiian?
To be successful in this role and at Tobii you need to be able to work cross functionally.
We are looking for someone who has:
- High school degree required
- Two or more years medical collection experience required
- Knowledge of payment posting process in regard to contractual adjustments and refunds preferred
- Knowledge of medical insurance claims procedure and documentation preferred
Please address your questions to Ashley Weiss, firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled