What do you want to do?
Are you looking to make an impact in someone’s life, while working in a fast-paced environment?
The Tax Staff Account plays an integral role in the Company’s sales tax process through coordinating the preparation of sales tax returns, reviewing the sales tax returns and taking responsibility for sales tax related questions, reconciliations, corrections, etc. The Tax Staff Accountant will also assist in other Finance related processes.
Where you´ll work:
Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. We give people a voice. We help people with various disabilities with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways.
Our Pittsburgh, PA office is located just minutes from “Dahntahn” Pittsburgh and here you will be working with more than 200 happy Tobiians in the most dynamic and friendly environment in all of Pennsylvania. We have everything from design, development, production, and customer service and support right here on site so whatever question you have, you will find the answer in house!
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our users?Job Description
Your days will be filled with:
- Prepare data for submission to Company’s sales tax return preparer. This may include: pulling sales data and importing it into sales tax calculation software, comparing sales information in sales tax software to sales per ERP system and analyzing/uploading differences, voiding data in sales tax software, etc.
- Review vendor invoices for sales tax in order to prepare the Company’s use tax calculation
- Reviewing/approving sales tax returns prepared by Company’s sales tax return preparer and completing the appropriate paperwork to record the return balances and payments in Company’s ERP system
- Prepare monthly journal entries related to sales tax liabilities and sales tax wrapping
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of sales tax accounts and investigate differences/issues as they arise
- Act as the main point of contact for sales tax related questions from other employees within the Company as well as customers. This may include completing research to determine or verify correct treatment
- Become a subject matter expert with respect to the Company’s tax calculation software and Certificate Exemption Management software
- Set up new states and rules in Company’s tax calculation software as needed.
- Assist with the uploading of exemption certificates into the Company’s Certificate Exemption Management software as needed
- Complete invoice corrections required as a result of tax errors or missing Exemption Certificates
- Provide assistance during sales tax audits. This includes pulling document requests and answering questions from the auditors
- Perform various other tasks as assigned, both related to sales tax and other Finance functions
Are you our next Tobiian?
To be successful in this role and at Tobii you need to be a positive go-getter.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred (must have a basic understanding of accounting – debits/credits, journal entries, account reconciliations, etc.)
- 2+ years of relevant sales tax experience preferred
Skills needed to be successful in this position:
- Hands-on experience with ERP and accounting reporting systems
- Great Plains, Avalara, CertCapture experience a plus
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, manipulating files, etc.)
- Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations
- Ability to recommend and/or adapt to process changes
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
Please address your questions to Ashley Weiss, email@example.com and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled