The ICE (Insights and Cloud Engineering) team design, develop and maintain solutions to derive business intelligence and growth to all parts of Tobii. They deliver data-driven insights from Tobii consumer applications as well as develop the software to support consumer marketing.
Now it’s time to strengthen the team with a data engineer to support Tobii's increased focus on the PC, gaming and XR business segments. If you are interested in data-driven solutions and enjoy working closely with analysts and growth, this is the right place for you!
The role and responsibilities
As a data engineer in the team you are expected to handle most data engineering tasks in the team. You will implement a sustainable and scalable data lake solution supported by your peers who are focused more on data analysis and development of the pipeline and client libraries. You will also take responsibility for data analysis and visualization when not tweaking the data processing or filtering machinery.
You will have a great impact on how data is managed by the team but will also learn from your peers about the development and analysis aspects while you educate your teammates in data engineering best-practices.
Your days will be filled with:
- Setup and maintain a sustainable data pipeline and data lake in AWS
- Perform data analysis and visualization based on requests to the team from other parts of the organization
- Together with the team continuously drive improvements to existing solutions
- Together with the team educate other teams and cooperate closely with product management and marketing
- Contribute to sprint planning, refinement, and other agile team activities
We’re looking for a data engineer with:
- 3+ years’ experience working with data in an AWS environment.
- Good understanding of implementing data lake in AWS and maintaining it.
- Solid understanding of various Data Management tools available in AWS.
- AWS services relevant to scalable pipelines (S3, Lambda, Batch, Glue, Athena, etc.)
- Experienced in Python and good knowledge of Spark is a must
If you also have experience in DevOps practices like CI/CD that is a big plus. If you on top of this know your way around other cloud platforms like Azure, that is an even bigger plus! To be successful in this role we believe that you are as curious about technology and producing efficient, sustainable products as we are. This team is all about knowledge sharing and working together to achieve the goals, and we hope you are too!
Please address your questions to Henrietta Dalman, firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible, don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!