What do you want to do?
Are you looking to make an impact in someone’s life, while working in a fast-paced environment?
The Logistics Supervisor manages and provides leadership support to those employees engaged in the shipping processes. Responsible for managing complex global logistics of products from suppliers to multiple destinations.
Where you´ll work:
Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. We give people a voice. We help people with various disabilities with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways.
Our Pittsburgh, PA office is located just minutes from “Dahntahn” Pittsburgh and here you will be working with more than 200 happy Tobiians in the most dynamic and friendly environment in all of Pennsylvania. We have everything from design, development, production, and customer service and support right here on site so whatever question you have, you will find the answer in house!
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our users?Job Description
Your days will be filled with:
- Hire, train, and manage production and shipping staffs
- Support UPS, DHL, and FedEx operations
- Plan and develop daily production and shipping schedules
- Review order demand, forecasts, supply and capacity issues on a daily and monthly basis and make adjustments when warranted
- Coach and develop shipping employees and provide guidance to team on attainment of performance and departmental goals
- Review and approve documentation for shipping functions
- Work to improve communication between other departments
- Improve current processes and implement new process to create better workflows
- Manage, lead and support shipping team in support of operational goals
- Manage all team trainings and complete training logs
- Develop and maintain all reporting related to repairs and quality for customers
- Attend meetings as a stakeholder and make decisions that best benefit the customer
- Assists with Internal and External Audits
- Determine the department goals and make sure they are followed
- Write and deliver performance appraisals
- Attend leadership trainings
- Performs various other tasks as assigned
Are you our next Tobiian?
We are looking for someone who has:
- High School Diploma required
- Associate Degree in a technical field or comparable experience preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in order fulfillment preferred
- MRP knowledge or experience with other production planning tools preferred
- Familiarity with transportation software
- Extensive knowledge in Great Plains and SalesForce
- Knowledge in shipping manager programs is a plus
Skills needed to be successful in this position:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Coaching and teaming skills
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills
- Organization and planning skills
- Familiarity and experience in utilizing databases
- Results orientated
- Ability to multitask
Please address your questions to Ashley Weiss, firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled