We are pushing eye tracking performance to transform the way humans interact with machines and data is an essential strategic asset in this quest. We are now looking for a Data Operator to join our data team in Stockholm.You will be at the heart of our technology and your job will be valuable for improving the state-of-the-art algorithms that make Tobii the world leader in eye tracking.
World leader in eye tracking
As Data Operator you will be a member of the data processing team at Tobii Tech with responsibility for acquisition and annotation of data that will be used as input to machine learning algorithms. You will work closely with colleagues in both Sweden and other places in the world.
This is a temporary position that covers parental leave. We want you to start as soon as possible and the contract will run until August 2021.
Perform data collection in-house and externally and annotate data to given specifications, contain the following steps:
- Acquire data using our platforms, at the office as well as off-site
- Annotate data using our annotation tools
- Understand the customer’s needs – tight communication throughout the entire project, proactively ask questions and make improvement suggestions
- Read, write, and improve process and project-specific documentation
- Set up and be able to perform some troubleshooting of the collection equipment and software
- Send database queries, perform descriptive statistics analysis, efficiently use data visualization dashboards and data tables
- Recruit participants, both in-house and externally in a time-efficient and systematic manner, be able to adapt the recruitment to the customer’s needs and the potential participants’ preferences.
- In this role you will sometimes travel to acquire data in different parts of the world.
Who we are looking for
To be successful in this role, and at Tobii, we believe you have:
- At least 2 academic years, preferably within engineering, technology, data analytics or similar
- Strong inter-personal and communicative skills
- Interest for technology and above average computer skills; experience in both Windows and Linux is a plus
- Efficient MS Office user and some experience of working with data through database queries in Python or similar
- Some experience in planning and organizing is a plus
- Fluency in English
Sounds like you?
Acquiring the data implies you’ll have plenty of new acquaintances with people; humans are integral in the data collection process.
As a person, we believe you are prestige less, easy going, sociable and likable person. You are used do work in a systematic and quality-conscious way is attentive to details and don’t mind repetitive work tasks. You are reliable and responsible and finish tasks you are set to solve, and you have the drive and flexibility to handle and solve unforeseen obstacles that may occur.
We also think you are a fast learner especially of new software with a technical understanding and interest.
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here, you get to work on cool, creative projects together with passionate colleagues from all around the world. Our technology helps us understand human behavior and revolutionizes the way research is done. Life is short, so we choose to spend it building high tech products that make a difference! If you want to build a company rather than just be employed by one, take pride in honest hard work and want to shine in an open environment where you can be yourself, you’ll feel right at home at Tobii.
It’s all about innovation, passion and making things real.
Watch this video if you want to learn more about us.
Please address your questions to Sanna Fridell and submit your resume and personal letter through our website as soon as possible.
Don’t wait – at Tobii, we move quickly!