Tobii Dynavox’s mission is to empower people with disabilities to do what they once did, or never thought possible. The company is the world leader in devices, products and solutions for Assistive Communication and Special Education - including touch and eye gaze-controlled devices for remote and face to face communication. Tobii Dynavox belongs to the Tobii Group (Nasdaq Nordic STO:TOBII) and is headquartered in Stockholm Sweden.
EVP Engineering & IT
Tobii Dynavox VP Engineering & IT is responsible for leading and developing the company’s engineering teams. He/she will manage a team of about 75 dedicated developers and professionals and working closely to an ecosystem of the biggest tech-companies globally.Job Description
The VP Engineering & IT will take overall ownership of R&D, set the direction, and develop product strategy together with Head of Product & Strategy, including:
- Taking overall ownership of and responsibility for Software, Hardware, and IT development
- Ensuring development that implement best practices, deliver operational excellence, and focus on continual improvement for end users
- Via the teams, developing and delivering amazing products according to the needs of internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuing alignment in prioritization and delivery of internal systems and tools – including internal IT, Enterprise systems and customer facing services
- Is a great partner and contributor in the executive management team of Tobii Dynavox
- Engaging personally and deeply in the needs of our customers and our colleagues and fosters a culture of collaboration and efficiency for all
- Contributeing actively across the company in building a nurturing a culture of genuine purpose, global cross-team collaboration and openness.
You are a strong manager who will develop the team by:
- Taking overall leadership responsibility to secure a good working environment and secure an engaged, effective organization by providing right competence with up to date skills
- Developing, building and leading a high performing team, with at least 10 years in product development roles and experience of managing teams
- Planning and managing human resources, leading the performance management and talent development initiatives in alignment with company objectives
In addition to this, you should ensure direct and coordinate activities ensuring effective linkages with product and the business as well as partners. The candidate
- Has strong and natural leadership skills and deeply understands the international context
- Has deep understanding of software development methodologies, enterprise systems and processes, with a Masters or equivalent degree in systems or software engineering
- Can handle the role of being a member of an international and executive focused management team – meaning engaging deeply in companywide topics also outside of his/her area of responsibility
- Can set the framework and own the structure while still delegating responsibilities to own team
- Embraces conflicting views and seeks to understand before setting course (and dare to change course if needed)
- Has a genuine interest in empowering people with disabilities to do what they once did, or never thought possible
The position is based in our office in Pittsburgh, PA and will report to CEO of Tobii Dynavox Fredrik Ruben.
Join us and enjoy our company benefits
Amaze our customers
- We fundamentally believe that happy and successful customers and end-users are the keys to our own long-term success. We combine a profound understanding of our customers’ needs with an outrageous ambition in every aspect to deliver amazing products, services and experiences.
- Challenging goals are in our DNA. To stay in the lead, we are bold and relentless in improving what we do and how we do it. Visionary innovations are just part of it – we have to drive forward in every detail. To be better today, and better still tomorrow.
Make it real
- We want to create a better reality. We each take responsibility for bringing our ideas to life, and we have the freedom and the courage to take decisions. Once we have decided, we do it. We dig in and do the hard work needed to make ideas real.
- Success is always a united effort. We work as one team with a shared purpose. We strive to keep our organization flat and informal, free from turf wars and internal politics. We are open and honest in our communication and go the extra mile to share information and help each other.
- Our passion and positive energy are contagious. By sharing them, we make our adventure together even more fun, exciting and meaningful.
For questions, please contact our recruitment partner Navigio, Sarah Lipshus (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are looking forward to receiving your application as soon as possible.
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled